Thursday 31 December 2015

A Look Back At 2015...


Hey Guys...

Wow!... What a year!

2015 has the best year by far for me. I've made some amazing memories, met some lovely people, started my blog, changed my job four times, moved to Devon, got a place of our own, got our self a car, and of course there have been some bad times but it just makes me stronger.

I wanted to do a quick blog post with just some of my favourite things from 2015. Events I've enjoyed, friends I've made, places I've worked, outfits I've loved and products I've discovered.

Enjoy!


First up. The start of 2015. This is last New Years Eve with my amazing boyfriend, his awesome sister and her boyf. Even though I was working that night I had a great time, I got pretty drunk and it was lovely to spend it in the pub full of happy people. The start to a fantastic year.


Working in a pub as a barmaid, I loved my job. Yes it could get annoying sometimes but I met soooo many people who I loved whilst working here, I learnt a lot about life from the drunken old men and us barmaids dressed up many a time and had a LOT of fun. This was back in the day when I drank. Hehe.


2015 was the year of curly hair for me. I think I straightened my hair maybe once? I really liked having curls as it made my hair a bit more voluminous as I have very fine flat hair! I curl my hair with Babyliss Hair Straighteners if anyone is wondering.


Lots of girly days out with different people but I always love a good old catch-up with this one. We always leave it ages then go to Starbucks. She has been through a lot this year and I think she is very brave and strong and she will always be one of my closest friends!


This year my hamster celebrated his third xmas and got spoilt. I love him more and more each day. He's had an eventful year moving around and battling hamster cancer and he's a podgy little thing. Looking forward to 2016 with him!


Starting my blog was one of the best decisions I ever made. I feel like I've gained so much from it and this was one of my first outfits on my blog. I loved circle sunglasses and floppy hats last summer! 


Of course the main part of this year that I have enjoyed is spending time with my boyfriend. We have achieved so much together and I couldn't be happier to have settled down with someone so amazing.
Looking forward to seeing what 2016 will bring for us. So many happy memories together in 2015.


One of my favourite outfits from the year...my onesie. I lived in it. It's so comfy. I've noticed that this year I've definitely dressed for comfort. I love nothing more than to be snuggled up warm and cosy.
This must have been the one day that I did straighten my hair. I really liked my full fringe but I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I just can't keep it! Splits in the middle and gives me curtains. Bloody nightmare...


One of my highlights of the year was visiting Llandrindod Wells in Wales, I lived here for a while and I do miss this lake. I'd always go here to relax and de-stress...so most of the time. 


One of my favourite outfits last summer was this dress. I had a very bohemian summer. Lots of feathers, tassels, burnt oranges, patterns and dangly jewellery.
My first ever written blog post was on this dress!



This year I discovered No7 make-up. I had never really thought much about it. I thought it would just be average make-up as it's not one of the massive brands like MAC, Benefit or Rimmel etc... but I was very impressed. I'm now addicted and feel like even though I'm not very good at make-up, I have improved.


Working at River Island was a big part of 2015. I started off in Wolverhampton and loved my job role and met some fantastic people who I really miss!


Including this lovely lady. I met Foxy through work and we had a lot of funny times together and I always loved a good natter with her!


My 23rd birthday was one to remember. My boyfriend threw me a surprise birthday party and it was awesome, Such a great night with SOME of my closest friends. :)


My cousins wedding was beautiful. It bought all the family together for the first time in ages and she looked so so beautiful. It was lovely to have Daniel join the family tree and I had a lovely time during the event.



Of course another highlight from the year was quality family time, now that me and Elliot have a car it's easier to visit family and I've loved seeing them and making memories.


My beautiful mummy. I miss her dearly as she lives far away but I always love having a catch-up and she always supports me through everything even if she disagrees.


I loved this tartan scarf. As I said in my last blog post I've been loving tartan again lately but this was a staple piece throughout the entirety of 2015.

Our family holiday camping was great! My camping I mean that I visited my family for a few hours while they went camping. I wouldn't do camping. No thank you.



I gained a bit of an obsession with PaperBlanks. They do such beautiful hand crafted books and I'm starting a little collection! Love. Love. Love.


This was my outfit from when we went to the safari park which was one of my favourite days of 2015. I really liked my outfit that day. I felt it was very fitting for the zoo! Very tribal.


I discovered lots of great beauty products throughout the year but I feel in love with body sprays from H&M , glitter nails and matte red lipsticks. I also loved fairy lights and Christmas. I was very festive for once this year!



A perk to this year was seeing my brother so much. Okay, I may not have spent loads of time with him but since he left home this is the most I've seen him within one year.
I look up to my big brother and so seeing him more often has been special.


One of my favourite accessories was this scarf I made, I really got into my knitting this year and this was my best scarf. Super cosy and lovely autumn colours.


My waterfall coat was another favourite for the cold weather at the start of the year. After spotting a girl in one in town I knew I had to get one and I look forward to pulling it back out this year in snowy weather. If we get any...


Sebby. This is my boyfriends best buddy and I got to know him a lot better this year. I shall be spending this New Years Eve with him and he makes me laugh a lot. The three of us have had a lot of good memories this year.



My absolute favourite part of 2015 was the big decision to move to Plymouth. It was a sudden, rushed and spontaneous decision but I wouldn't change it for the world. This is what I needed and I'm so much happier here and I know Elliot is too. 
Very happy bunnies.



I also moved jobs to River Island Plymouth where I again met some great people !


Like this beauty. I've never met anyone and clicked so quickly. We have had some lovely days together and I miss her lots but I shall make her see me very soon. Love her lots.


I also met some friends outside of work and they are two of the most beautiful girls I know. They make me laugh so much and we all fit in each others clothes which is a bonus. Looking forward to making plans with these lovely ladies in 2016.


My green suede skirt was probably my biggest staple item of the year. I wore it out till it broke then replaced it. Big love.


I loved the seventies phase that went on this summer/autumn. Probably my favourite trend of the year.


Andddd I also loved denim shirts.I'd always wanted one and 2015 was the year my wish came true.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of some of the other great people and events from 2015. 

So a big shout out to my best friend Matthew who I miss dearly and his family.
All my family who have been through a lot this year with the loss of my nan but she is in a better place now.
My boyfriends family for all their help this year, couldn't have done it without you.
My Auntie Judy and Uncle Arthur for their help also! Again we could not have moved to Plymouth without you.
To anyone who I missed, Apologies!
And of course, my amazing followers. I love you.

Happy New Year to you all!

I hope it brings better things for all of you!

Much love, 

Stacie xoxox























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sleek For Yourself! | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig